Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
December 1st ushers in Christmas cookie month! To start it off right, I am celebrating with these delicious chocolatey crinkle cookies. They are soft in the centre and slightly firm around the edges. The pretty crinkle pattern is sure to impress and may even leave evidence behind on those who have secretly enjoyed them. It is all part of the holiday fun!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 10-13 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Serves: 24 cookies
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- icing sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in butter until mixture is well combined and crumbly, similar to the texture of wet sand. Make sure any lumps of brown sugar have been broken up.
- Add eggs and vanilla and stir until dough just starts to come together.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 3-4 tablespoons of icing sugar into a small bowl. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll balls in icing sugar until thickly coated. Place on baking sheets, approximately two inches apart.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or just until the edges start to firm up and the centre is still soft. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
- To make these cookies dairy-free, use vegan margarine or coconut oil. Cookies will still turn out great and most people won’t be able to tell the difference!
With love from my kitchen to yours, Bon Appétit!