Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rainy days are chocolate chip cookie days!?! Okay, so I am pretty sure I made that up, but why the heck not. Curling up and watching the rain fall while snacking on a warm gooey chewy chocolate chip cookie just seems like the right thing to do! This recipe creates the most irresistibly chewy cookies with just the right amount of crunch along their edges. Perfect for eating on their own or dipping in a glass of milk!
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 12-15 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves: 20 cookies
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a medium bowl, add butter or margarine and brown sugar and mix until well combined. The texture should be similar to that of wet sand. Add egg, corn syrup and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir until most of the dough starts to come together. Add chocolate chips and stir until just blended.
- Line two medium-large baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy.
- To make these cookies dairy-free, use vegan margarine or coconut oil, and dairy-free chocolate chips. Cookies will turn out great and most people won’t be able to tell the difference!
With love from my kitchen to yours, Bon Appétit!