Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
What’s a girl to do when she has a couple of small apples lying around that are too soft to bake with….grate them up for apple cinnamon pancakes of course!
Prep Time: 10 mins Baking Time 20 mins Total Time: 30 mins Makes: 10 pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (or whichever milk you prefer)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus a little extra for cooking (vegetable oil or butter also works well)
- 1/2 cup apple, grated (or you can substitute a 1/3 cup of apple sauce)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, egg, coconut oil and apple. Once combined, fold apple mixture into the flour mixture and mix well.
- Melt 1/4 tsp of coconut oil onto a pan (or griddle) and heat to medium. Wipe off any excess oil to prevent pan from smoking.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour batter onto pan to cook. Once the top of the pancake is bubbling and the bottom is firm and golden in colour, flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden. Transfer cooked pancakes to a plate and top with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, pecans, coconut cream, almond butter, fresh fruit, homemade preserve etc!
With love from my kitchen to yours, Bon Appétit!